- The school is open Monday thru Fridays, except holidays, from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. The administrative staff and the reception staff are available from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. on Mondays thru Fridays. Additional time might be scheduled for special presentations and directed independent studies. Optional seminars and weekend workshops are scheduled throughout the course of the program.
- Students must have completed all programs of study and have all tuition and fees paid in full to be eligible for graduation. Upon graduation, certification will be granted.
- Instructors may be changed without prior notice.
Student Records Confidentiality
- Student records are confidential and are accessible only to the individual student, administrative and teaching staff, and Department of Education officials. Release of records must be requested by the student in writing along with a $15.00 fee. Records of academic progress are permanently maintained by the school. Spa Luna complies with the FERPA Act of 1974.
- The Spa Luna Holistic School does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, sex, age, race, ethnicity, place of origin, or religion.
Leave of Absence
- A leave of absence or interruption of training may be granted only by prior arrangement with the staff of the school and approved by the school administration. The leave of absence can not be longer than 90 days. All tests, assignments and clinical work missed during the term must be made up on a schedule approved by the staff of the school. A pre-approved leave of absence must be in writing and signed by the school principal.
- As a student at Spa Luna if you feel you have been sexually harassed by means of inappropriate language, touch or behavior on the part of another student or member of the Spa Luna staff, you are encouraged to submit a written dated complaint to the administration. An interview will be scheduled at the earliest date possible to air the complaint and counseling will be made available. The alleged offender will be contacted and an interview scheduled. The school takes the position that sexual inappropriateness in many cases may be a matter of ignorance about social behavior and as such will provide counseling and individual tutoring as a first course means of action in hopes that an understanding of boundaries in therapeutic contact can be established. Repeated offenses may result in requesting that the student voluntarily withdraw from the program or in involuntary expulsion from the program. The context of this policy is one of compassion. We believe that a person who is not able to respect sexual boundaries may not be able to successfully practice massage, may bring psychological or emotional harm to another human, or may themselves be held legally accountable for their actions. It is our hope that any of these outcomes might be prevented by the implementation of this policy. Complaints may be submitted in a sealed envelope to anyone in the administrative office and will be forwarded to the Director or Assistant Director. Response will be made within a 5 day period.
- Illegal drugs or alcohol are not permitted on Spa Luna premises during operational hours of the school. It is not the intention of Spa Luna to dictate anyone’s life style or interfere with anyone’s freedom of choice but it is our belief that entering into a therapeutic relationship with someone under the influence of mind altering substances is a breech of trust and compromises the learning experience for students in the role of both therapist and client. Anyone under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol during school will be asked to leave the premises. Repeated offenses may result in the student’s voluntary withdrawal or expulsion.
Conditions for Dismissal
- Failure to fulfill the requirements of academic probation.
- Failure to keep tuition payments up to date.
- Attending classes under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Having three unexcused absences within a one month period.
- Having four days of unexcused tardiness within a one month period.
- Behaving in any manner that may be harmful to the learning environment or reputation of the school.
- Falsifying any information or any cheating.