Hot Stones Workshop
This is a two day workshop to learn and experience one of the most loved, nourishing and grounding massages done in Hawaii, Hot Stones Massage. Day one, with deep respect and awareness for the aina, you will collect your own healing stone set from a sacred ocean site. On day two, you will learn to use the heated stones as an extension of your hand in a full body massage (including facial massage). You will be learning the art of using heated stones: gliding the stones over the body and letting the stones melt any tension away. You will also learn a specific protocol which you can take to your private practice, spas and beyond. Throughout the class you will be assisted in finding the right temperature for the stones and ways to deal with the heat so that you and your client will be in total comfort though out the session. This workshop will expand your awareness, your heart and your client base. The state board of Hawaii accepts these credits towards continuing education.
- 2-day workshop with Robin Garrison
- Field trip to a beautiful ocean site to gather stones. Bring a swim suit, water, snacks and sunscreen.
- Detailed manual with pictures is included.
- Bring a turkey roaster or a rice cooker, small washcloths, a bowl for cold water and a large wooden spoon for removing the stones.
- This workshop is offered to both esthetician and massage students (separately). For the esthetician workshop, the emphasis is on the face, arms and feet while the client relaxes on a bed of hot stones.
- Workshop price Rock Hunt: $60 and non-students $110
- Workshop price Hot Stones: $120 and non-students $170
- Day 1, 2:00p.m. to 6:00p.m.
- Day 2, 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.